Monday, November 4, 2013

House Arrest

No, it's not as bad as it sounds.  I had my final labs done before my 3rd treatment and my counts were a tiny bit low.  As a result, they want me to stay in the house unless there is an absolute need for me to leave just to make sure my cell counts don't take a hit right before Wednesday and delay my treatment. 

Overall, I've been feeling pretty good.  My three year-old Sean loves the bald head; he rubs it constantly, and Sam seems okay with it as well.  I've lost a little weight since the start of the treatments, 15 pounds to be exact.  While I obviously don't want to lost too much weight, a little bit isn't the worst thing in the world. 

Sam continues to do a great job managing things.  While I help out around the house, she obviously still does most of the work :).  My wonderful co-workers at Burke have been providing us meals a couple times a week, which have been delicious.  In addition, people are providing us gift cards for food as well, so we certainly haven't been wanting for food.

Over the past week health-wise, I get tired easily, which as been a common refrain of mine since this whole thing started.  However, I've been able to keep food down and haven't had any unexpected hospital visits, so things have been great.

I hope everyone is doing well and I will provide another update later this week once my third session is under way.  Until then...

Take Care,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment