Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I returned from my most recent hospital stay (session #4) yesterday and am still a little out of it.  Those sessions seem to hit a little harder each time, but progress is still good and overall complications have been minimal. 

Instead of complaining however, it seems much more appropriate that I say a little bit of thanks for all the good things in my life.  My wonderful wife who has helped take care of me, my sons, who are a constant source of pride, and my family and friends, who have been amazingly supportive.  In addition, I am thankful for an incredible group of coworkers (and friends).  People who have gone above and beyond to offer meals, financial and emotional support, their time and a never-ending stream of wonderful cards. 

I can't wait to get past this little hiccup in my life and back to work.  My next session is supposed to be December 6-8.  However, the last two times have been pushed back a day or two due to my counts being low.  I would not be surprised if that happens again and going forward.  They do promise I will not be in the hospital on Christmas.  One more thing for which I'm thankful. 

Take care everyone, take to you soon.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment