Monday, November 11, 2013

Back from Chemo

I got back from my third session of Chemo on Sunday morning.  The treatment went well, although it wasn't the most pleasant experience.  For some reason the two day treatment is much more intense than the six day treatment and also leaves me feeling a little more drained when I get out.  I'm hoping that with a little R&R today I can get back to a more normal routine. 

That being said, I can't complain too much.  Overall the therapy so far has been going very well, and compared to the side effects the doctor's warned us about when we started therapy, I have avoided the worst ones.

With it being November, I figured it would make sense to just share a few things I'm thankful for before Thanksgiving roles around.  I'm thankful to my wonderful wife Sam for taking care of me and managing things on the home front while I deal with this therapy.  I'm thankful for my co-workers at Burke, who have been amazingly support but with their thoughts, prayers and time.  I'm also thankful to the doctors and nurses at the hospital, Cincinnati Children's certainly hasn't earned their sterling reputation for no reason.  Most of all, thanks to God for taking care of me during this time and setting me up with such a wonderful support group. 

Take care everyone, I'll be in touch soon.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment