Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Update 11/20

Hi Everyone -

It's been a while since I've posted.  At this moment, I should be in the hospital.  However, due to my cell counts being low they postponed my fourth treatment from today to Friday.  Unfortunately, this means I will still be in the hospital on Thanksgiving, which is something we were trying to avoid.  While it stinks that we won't be able to visit family, hospital food is delicious, so I'll have a better Thanksgiving meal than you...............or...not. 

In all seriousness, it was a little tough on Sam has we've gone back to St. Louis to visit family every Thanksgiving since we moved to Cincinnati.  However, my 15-year old Domonick is going to go back to visit.  My brother Michael has offered to come to Cincinnati to help out for a few days and he'll drive Dom to St. Louis when he heads back the day before Thanksgiving.  Sam has to pick him up and bring him back to Cincy, so she will get to see everyone for a day or two, even if it's not for Thanksgiving.

Since my next treatment is a 6-day treatment, I felt I needed something beyond TV and books to keep me occupied.  As such, I bought a guitar and plan to practice as much as possible while I'm confined.  I enjoy playing, and hopefully with enough practice people will enjoy listening as well:). 

That's it for now.  Talk to you all soon!

Take Care,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment