Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Back to the Chemo

Hi Everyone -

It's been a while, but chemo finally started back up last week.  Seven down, seven to go.  This last one hit harder than I was expecting, partially due to the fact I'm still recovering from the surgery.  However, things went well and it feels good to be hitting the stretch run.

Getting used to not having full use of my arm has been an interesting experience.  I still have full use of my lower arm and hand, so it hasn't slowed me down too much.  I can't reach in the air with my left arm, or lift anything heavy at the moment due to the fact the muscles in my upper arm were damaged during the surgery.  I'm doing some physical therapy to get strength back in my upper arm, so in the future I think things will be much easier.

I've taken a break from the guitar at the moment, but they say once my strength is back I may actually be able to continue practicing, so I'm looking forward to that.  Assuming all is well with my counts my next session of chemo starts next week.  Good thing to, due to the surgery break I actually started growing some hair back.  :)

Take Care,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment