Friday, October 18, 2013

Unexpected Hospital Visit

Well, it's great to be back from the hospital.  I felt awful Monday and slept a majority of the day.  On Tuesday I felt similarly bad and found myself with a nasty fever later in the afternoon.  Once the fever appeared, Sam took me to the hospital so they could make sure I didn't get an infection.  They found my white blood counts at 40 (not sure the scale, but 700-1000 is the healthier end).  I was admitted until my fever broke and my counts hit 200.  The good news is not only did my counts hit 200, they were up to 560! Honestly, the toughest part of the stay was emotional.  Neither Sam or myself were ready for me to go back so quickly.

It was for the best, as I feel a lot better and ready to take on my second round of chemo next week.  I'll post updates as can.  Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment