Friday, October 18, 2013

First Cancer Update

Hi Everyone -

My first official cancer blog post. So just to give a little background.  On September 9th I was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma, a rare type of bone cancer that accounts for only 2,500 cases a year.  The discovery of this tumor was odd.  I was stretching a couple of weeks prior and heard a loud pop in my shoulder.  At first we thought it might be torn muscles or a popped tendon.  After a couple of initial visits they thought it might be something more and scheduled me for a few tests.

These tests confirm the presence of a malignant tumor.  It's been a whirlwind the past couple of months, but we have been managing well thanks to amazing support from our family and friends.  I will look to post on his as frequently as possibly, so if you have interest, please feel free to check back every once and a while for updates.

God Bless,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment