Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Chemo update

Hi Everyone -

I just noticed I forgot to post after my 10th chemo treatment was over, so my apologies for the delay. I was in the hospital today getting tested to see if my counts were high enough to start my 11th chemo; unfortunately, they were not. We are now waiting until next Monday to admit me for the chemo. Last week I was not feeling well, but I've been better this week. As such, I was hoping to get chemo out of the way, but we can't always get what we want.

Physical therapy continues to go well. My left arm is no longer hanging, but has a decent amount of strength (about ~70% of where it was before) and reasonable mobility apart from the "butterfly" (i.e., lifting to the side). I think that movement will always be a major issue, but overall I'm quite pleased with the amount I'm still able to do. 

I hope you all are doing well and I will plan on posting as soon as I hear more about my chemo. Take care everyone!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment