Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Preparing for the next chemo

Hello everyone -

It appears I will be in line to start my next round of chemo on time. My counts were very low Monday, especially my platelets, but things should be ready to go by this Friday. They sent me to the hospital for a transfusion to get the platelets back up, and the medication designed to kick-start my white cells is working well.

I had an Echo yesterday, which confirmed my heart is still fine. The chemo can have a detrimental effect, but so far no issues.  Physical therapy begins on Thursday (assuming my counts are in good shape), so I can finally start working to get some mobility and strength back in my arm and shoulder. Very excited about that.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care and God bless.

Until next time,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment